GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rene Badjan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:03:43 EDT
  The anger and frustration of the people must be allowed to be openly
expressed. This radio station has fulfilled a fundamental democratic
requirement by making sure that this is the case. The main reason why there
has been political stability in most of the muture democracies in the world,
is the free expression of people's views in the manner in which they are
being governed. This should be protected at all cost. I therefore condemn
this act, as well as compliment the heroic act of Mr Christensen in trying to
fulfill a very important and necessary civic obligation.

    I extend my sympathies to him and his staff, and wish him a very speedy
recovery.

     Rene