GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Pa.Saikou Kujabi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:42:05 -0800
Readers,

I am glad that my unedited article of March 15Th, 2006
caught the attention and prompt reaction of Sulayman
Mbenga and his comrades.  Sulayman, however, chose to
respond under a fictitious name(Isatou Jammeh). I will
admit that it was my fault for failing to edit my last
article before I released it to the public.  I am not
a frequent contributor to this forum because I am
overwhelmed with so many personal and huge social
responsibilities within The Gambian community in New
York. I visit this medium regularly,but I almost find
no time to sit down and respond to every or many of
your malicious articles.  Notwithstanding, I don't
think it should be a pride for any Gambian to be
crowned with the title of BEST ENGLISH WRITER when you
cannot even speak more than one native language in The
Gambia, let alone to write it. The issue here is not
about who has the best writing skills, but instead who
has the facts to present to the whole world.  I am
particularly happy that neither Sulayman nor those who
attempted to rescue him dispelled the facts I gave
about Halifa Sallah, OJ and Waa Juwara.

The fact still remains that Halifa Sallah's greed and
power thirst have compelled him to high jack NAAD with
the help of his conspirators in SINK THE GAMBIA and of
course within NAAD itself.  The same is true for his
position as the majority leader in the House of
Representatives.  Imagine, common Halifa who came into
parliament in 2001, once again driven by his greed and
self pride snatched the majority leader position from
Sedia Jatta who has been elected into Parliament since
1997.  Halifa is also a member of AU parliament, and
also in charge of the Daffur Committee of that body.

I did say in my last article that Halifa Sallah should
be held accountable for the role he played in
installing Yaya Jammeh beyond the transition period.
The then Draft Constitution, bad as it was, received
the full support of your so-called political
scientist(Halifa Sallah).  The Constitution which
apparently did not represent the wish of the majority
of The Gambian people by all measures, easily got
endorsed,  thanks to Halifa Sallah.  During the
National Consultation process, most Gambians opted for
a two-five-year term, including a forty-year age limit
for a president.  The most unpopular decree 89 which
OJ and Waa Juwara knew very well, the Indemnity Clause
which effectively indemnified members of the ARMED
FORCES PROVITIONAL RULING COUNCIL including Fugitive
Ebou Jallow, the list goes on and on.  Above all, the
original draft was diluted and some clauses  ewre
omitted to suit the junta. The Constitution was never
debated on by the constituents because there was still
a ban on political activities and persons, except for
Halifa Sallah, Sedia Jatta, Sam Sarr and PDOIS.  The
question still remains why should Halifa Sallah be
graded higher than Yaya Jammeh as far as the root
cause of the predicament of The Gambian people is
concerned.  Halifa went that far partly because he
thought that the coup-DE-tat was a blessing for PDOIS.
 He thought that the banning of all the existing
political parties would leave the arena wide open for
PDOIS' easy victory in the 1996 polls.

When Ousainou Darboe was convinced to lead the then
fourteen-days-UDP, PDOIS(Halifa) instantly felt
jealous and developed a strong hatrate against
Ousainou's popularity.  The creation of UDP under the
leadership of Lawyer. Ousainou Darboe immediately
reinstalled hope in The Gambian people, because
Ousainou was already well known by most Gambians as a
Lawyer who has always been the voice of the poor and
the weak.  Therefore, The Gambian people did not have
to sell him any more than he did for himself through
his many years of professionalism and honesty.  This
popularity of The Secretary General and Party leader
of UDP, and  THE FLAG BEARER OF THE THE ONLY CREDIBLE
COALITION OF THE PEOPLE, is what Halifa Sallah, Waa
Juwara, and OJ are jealous of.  Halifa Sallah has
never hidden his jealousy about Ousainou's popularity
since 1996, and I know for fact that he will never
like Ousainou, neither will Waa or OJ.  How many
percent of opposition electorates is NAAD
representing?  Not even the three percent that PDOIS
had in the last presidential election, because many of
the PDOIS militants are disappointed with the way
Halifa handled the selection process and have since
joined the UDP/NRP coalition.  Now that PPP has
withdrawn from NAAD, I would like to be informed about
the party OJ belong to, and how many percent percent
of the voter population does he represent.  I wasn't
going to mention Waa Juwara's "NDAMBUSAN" at all, but
would I be fair if I did not weigh his political
strength within NAAD and across the country?  Ndam, a
funny name as it is was formed under a mango tree,
being runned from under a mango tree, and will
certainly disappear under the same mango tree without
anybody shedding tears.  A party which's Deputy is so
ignorant of the political situation in The Gambia and
runs his office from the United States cannot earn the
trust of The Gambian electorates. I think Ousainou
Mbenga desparately want to go back home after spending
decades in U.S.A. I suggest you apply for the
Chairmanship of Gamtel from Yaya Jammeh.  He is
currently looking for a portential candidate.

I thank my Serer brother, Conteh Jarsey for correcting
Sulayman about my identity.  Sulayman claimed that I
am from Kaninglai, and that I took refuge in the
United States after Yaya Jammeh sent me and my kujabi
family out of Kaninglai.  This is yet another
indication that Sulayman is not connected to The
Gambian Community in New York, and certainly not with
the political situation in The Gambia.

 To BE CONTINUED.

Pa. Saikou Kujabi