GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:15:20 -0700
Hello, Salieu, just for the record, you yourself, do not offend me.  What offends me is when
people spend so much of their time labelling others and their actions as "kufr, bidah, and shirk",
and soem people, in some cases, do not have the adequate knowledge, nor authority to do so.

     And what offends me is the lack of adab in these articles.  We are to cover the faults of our
brothers (and sisters) as best we can, and openly, if not indirectly, calling antoher Muslim a
kafir, is something not ot be done lightly, and there are well-known ahaddith on this.

     A better approach might have been, if the author of the article was in any doubt, would be to
maybe approach scholars such as Shaikh Nu Keller, Shaikh Hamza Yusuf, et. al, and ask them why
they do what they do, and who they learned from, and kindly ask them to explain where they go
their proofs for doing such and such.

     But coming online and putting out articles declaring these people, essentially, to be
"deviant", or worse, "kafir", to me at the very least, shows a terrible lack of adab / manners.

     So, in short, that is what offends me, is the lack of adab in these articles, and a rush to
judgment on these scholars.

Anyway, take care and have a nice day.

Ginny

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい