GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:33:33 -0500
Gambia-l,

STATE HOUSE,
The Gambia.

Tuesday September 11th 2001.

His Excellency, President Yahya Jammeh has sent a message of condolence to
the President and People of the United States of America on the occasion of
the unfortunate and mindless acts of violence perpetrated today, 11th
September 2001 on targets in the United States of America resulting in the
loss of innocent lives and the destruction of property.

The message reads as follows:-

Dear Mr. President,

I have learnt with SHOCK, HORROR and DISBELIEF about the dastardly attacks
simultaneously perpetrated on targets in the heart of the United States of
America.

I condemn in the STRONGEST possible terms such mindless acts which resulted
in a tremendous loss of lives and the wanton destruction of property and
urge that those responsible be brought to JUSTICE and made to account for
these evil acts.

In these trying moments, I wish to express my profound sympathy and
condolence to the victims and relatives of those who lost their lives or
suffered injuries.

I also express the sympathy of the Government and People of The Gambia to
the American People and most especially to the affected families and victims
of these unwarranted and cowardly acts. The Gambia stands with the United
States in these trying times and we offer any and all form of support that
may be needed by the people of America to bring the perpetrators to justice.

Please accept Mr. President, the assurances of my highest consideration.

SIGNED,
ALHAJI Dr. YAHYA A. J. J. JAMMEH.

PEACE

Tombong