GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 01:38:58 +0000
Mr. sallah,

I hope you wouldn't take Jabou's observations personally. I sense a
frustration in her commentary that is prevalent among all of us whether
implicitly or expressly. Please do not wait to present facts of PDOIS'
apparent discord with the coalition as it stands so that Jabou and others
may apologise. I am of the impression that PDOIS' absence from the meeting
had good reason. That reason notwithstanding however, PDOIS still subscribes
to the idea of a coalescing force that will create an environment healthy
for your very valuable work.

I have enormous respect for you and PDOIS and I hope you will reconsider
your position. The coalition's specifications must be kneaded and worked to
reflect your principles as I'm sure are shared by UDP,resuscitated PPP, NRP,
NCP, and GPP. I am confident that the logistics of a coalition at such a
crucial juncture of National angst can be worked out, and time is of the
essence.

I encourage you and PDOIS to take a more active role in realizing the more
non-violent way of coalition victory. By the way, it is not a foregone
conclusion that when a coalition victory is imminent, some idiot wouldn't
stir up trouble. It will be remembered though that PDOIS elevated national
interest above the party's unique interest.

Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do. Our admiration of
PDOIS will never be diminished, au contraire, your magnanimity and practicum
in actively forging a coalition will earn you our votes in the adhoc year,
POST-COALITION.

Sincerely,

Haruna - SONS OF AFRIKA