GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
bass george <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 05:10:43 GMT
HI Fellow Gambians`,
As a concern citizen,I AM deeply troubled by the reoccurring political
ignorance of our government. I do not think that it right for a country to
choose a blind man as head of state (PRESIDENT). My dear brothers and
sisters, ladies and gentle men,What is Yaya Jammeh doing for our beloved
country?
Recently, I was made to understand that he has appointed the former cabinet
minister of the ousted PPP regime as the APRC party national mobilizer. This
move (my dear friends) is a blow to the credibility of our legal (Judicial)
system and makes the constitutionality of his government questionable to the
outside world.
I belief Every Gambian still remembers the Decree 89 which was invented by
then AFPRC under his leadership banning ALL THE FORMER ppp MEMBERS from
participation in national political process. This rule affected patriotic
citizens like the former NCP leader, SM DIBBA. If we Gambians especially
people SM.Dibba, took that decree a law of the land, Why on earth will the
very person who initiated it in turn fuck that system and took it upon him
self to disobey this law to suit his own selfish interest.
May I tell you all that he initiated that decree to enable him face less
political pressure from those gambians who were and are still more qualified
than he is to run for the presidency.Getting rid of people like SM Dibba as
running mates,was a way ensuring him self an easy ticket to the office of
president. Now, He is bringing Buba Balbeh in to the APRC in other to
Capture the electorates for OUR fast approaching General elections,

TO BE CONTINUED.