GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:28:51 EDT
Dear Elhadj,

I don't believe that you have hurt anyone or intended to when you mentioned
forgiveness. I, like you, thought it would be a good thing for all of us as
Gambians to reach out to each other in trying to find a solution to the
terrible chaos that is taking place in our country.

Your suggestion and my echoe were both intended as a way to reach out to
people who  may want to redeem themselves for having been part of this
regime, and whose contribution to the effort to bring back sanity to our
country could be useful. Especially for anyone who proclaims innocence from
any wrong doing, this was a good chance to set the record straight, because
although this forum may not be judge and jury, nor do we proclaim to be, we
are the largest group of Gambians in one body, and what we confer on reaches
many a Gambian ear far and wide, and collectively, you bet our opinions will
matter at some time in the future.

But as you and someone else  have mentioned, no one is obligated to explain
anything to this forum, but many people will have to step up and explain at
some point in this equation, no question about that.Therefore, let us
concentrate on other matters for now.

As I mentioned, your intention was a good one, so not to worry.

Jabou Joh