GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 16:59:30 +0200
Friend, this is fine news.

If this great news. After my first visit to the Gambia in ´78 I made a plan
how to build agricultural, horticultural cooperatives, with dairies,
slaughterhouses, a transport system. And since that day I have been waiting
for someone to explore the possibilities. I have in 98 payed visits to the
ministry of trade in Banjul to get their development plan of action, because
I from those days in 1978 believed that The Gambia could make it to become a
food-production country with an export to not only west-africa, but to
Europe also. And I have asked our danish representative in The Gambia if he
had told any danish companies about the possibilities in investing in the
gambia, because we as a country has experience from all over the globe in
that area.
I have look here in Denmark and found f.in. that we import fresh mango,
canned mango from Taiwan, vegetables from outside europe, so why should the
Gambia not be able to do so. And I have talk to people in The Gambia, why
has the government not subsidized that important area. If the cooperatives
has a stable production, and the infra-structure is build,
cold-transport-containers can collect and bring to a factory and later for
export.

Now I understand that someone has seen the same. I wish them all the success
they can have.

Asbjørn Nordam