GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 22:41:40 +0000
        Hi Mr.Conteh,

  You emailed me publicly and I see no reason, why should I respond to you in private. Let us promote the culture of openness, before doubting Thomoses, will start to make conclusions about your request. Unfortunately, I cannot accept your invitation of meeting me at this hour. I shall see you, whenever the need arises in due course. I'm must add that your sudden change of heart towards me, speak volumes about the type of person you are. The same Jasseh Conteh, was online branding me as "THE RALEIGH MAN WHO REFUSED TO CONTRIBUTE ON THE NADD FUND RAISING DRIVE"

   Mr.Conteh, went as far as calling me names, for merely not extending financial help to the opposition back home. Thanks to the GL readers,  I was vindicated, as some readers told you that it was not mandatory for people to support political parties. That individual contributions for Party A or B should be discretional, contrary to Conteh's 'force policy."

  Mr.Conteh, I'm an independent journalist to the core and as such will not betray the ethics of my profession. To do justice to myself and my country, I thought it imperative to exercise neutrality in our country's local politics. That, I'm not obligated to support any political party and would report the news irrespective of who is affected.

  Journalists, who openly identified themselves with political parties, risked losing their credibility. As journalists, we should keep our journalistic distance from interest groups, to avoid being manipulated. After all Pa Nderry, is not a job seeker. I will continue to serve as a  journalist, irrespective of  which government is in power.

  I still cannot understand your sudden change of heart towards Pa Nderry. You are today trying to seek an audience with a man, who you earlier bandit around by trying to raise doubts on  his unshakable credibility in the eyes of right thinking members of Gambia's society.

  Mr.Conteh, meeting you in the short term is completely ruled out for now. I'm compelled to ask the following questions: Why the need to meet Pa Nderry at this hour? What is so special of meeting me? What are your motives? Who among your group objected to meeting me, when you earlier raised the issue. What do you have in plans in that meeting? I'm just being curious. I hope you will shed lights on the above questions for the sake of public interest.

  In addition, you were the same person who attacked Ebrima G Sankareh and I for causing "DAMAGE TO NADD" for merely reporting the true state of affairs on the leadership crisis. Honestly, I cannot trust you brother. Your reaction suggested that we committed a treasonable offence, when in actual fact we are just carrying out our basic journalistic work.  I'm just being frank and sorry for any inconvenience this revelations might caused to you.  We are all in NC, God willing we will meet one day.  I rest my case for now

  Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Mr. MBai:

I commend you for your recent statement affirming your independence
in reporting fairly and objectively. I therefore, extend an olive leaf to
meet with you and discuss issues of concern.

Please email me privately to affirm.

Sincerely,
Jassey-Conteh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい