GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Touray, Maila" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 20:31:30 -0400
Like many, I still don't know everything I need to know to form an opinion
on the saga of the missing millions. Hence I don't know who to believe. One
thing seems obvious to me however; poor Gambia is out of $3 million (D39
million approximately); enough to salary the entire education ministry for a
year.

To help me and many others, can someone answer the following questions
please:
Irrespective of how; if indeed Ebou Jallow rob Gambia of this said money,
can a registered Gambian organization legally pursue him in a court of law
(here in the US) to recover the money on behalf of Gambia? If we can, why
haven't we? If we already have, what was the outcome?

If we cannot go after him legally, what constructive options do we have to
explore other than the squabbling, and (personal) insults? How do we resolve
this matter for once?
Can any legal authority shed some light on this please?

Thank you all!