GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:44:20 EST
< Yes, history will judge Yahya Jammeh and his Government for the
 >human and material damage done to Gambia and Gambians but history will also
 >reserve a more prominent place for those opposition leaders who, in The
 >Gambia's hour of need for courageous and effective leadership, decided to
 >roll over and play dead. You either lead or move over and be led.
 >
 >Like Kebba Dampha, I say to the political parties, if you are ill-prepared
 >to carry the mantle of leadership, please move aside and allow those with
 >courage and vision to take on Yahya Jammeh and his band of corrupt, inept
 >and murderous henchmen.
 >
 >GAMBIA YEARNS FOR EFFECTIVE OPPOSITION TO YAHYA JAMMEH. AND WE NEED IT NOW.
 >NRP, UDP: We await your reactions to Cheyassin's nonesense.
 _______________________

I want to reiterate this statement because this is really the bottom
line.More than ever, this is the time that we need those who say that our
best interest is their business to step forward and do what is necessary to
rid us of Yaya Jammeh and his band of henchmen and women. I

f that action is not taken by the political parties who have spent all this
time telling us they can do it better, the handwriting will forever be on the
wall. There is no doubt that it is in our hour of need that we will come to
realize  the sincerity or lack thereof of those who have constantly told us
of their dedication to bringing about a better government for us.

If these people cannot  and will not put aside their differences and act for
the common good of the country, then surely they are "fair weather
politicians". We need political leaders who will step forward  to do what is
necessary both in times of crisis as in tranquil times.
Any unwillingness on the part of political parties to come together at this
time of crisis will be a clear indication that the position rather than the
service is what is all important, and we sincerely hope this is not the case.

Jabou Joh