GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emmanuel DaCosta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:45:25 -0500
> [...]
>>Yahya and his cohorts and we are only heading for doom and chaos, period.
>>And tell people on the L, not to buy this notion that the vehicle carrying
>>the two UDP MPs and others had an accident as a result of which people in
>>it, died. Ebrima, there is more to it than just meet the eye. I am in fact
>>surprised that die-hard UDP supporters are themselves promoting this idea
>>of a car accident. The reason why God give all of us minds is for us to
>>use
>>them and think properly and critically. I saw Shyngle Nyassi who was also
>>in the vehicle and he explained how the supposed accident happened.
>>Fortunately for him, his condition was not very critical and as a result,
>>he was discharged. Ebrima, did it make sense to you that the back tyres of
>>the vehicle just burst and then the vehicle turned, leading to these
>>deaths
>>and injuries? Ebrima, the vehicle did not hit any other car or collide
>>with
>>a wall. What happened was that the vehicle was being driven and suddenly,
>>the back tyres burst as a result of which it turned, leading to the deaths
>>and injuries of these people. Does this make sense to you? No? Anyway, I
>>have been liasing with my main two contacts at the NIA and the Army and it
>>now seems to me, based on the information I gathered from my reliable
>>contacts, that a grenade was deliberately thrown or put on the road for
>>these people. Their vehicle, it now appears, had actually touched a
>>grenade
>>which was placed on the road for them. Ebrima, this supposed accident
>>needs
>>proper investigation but like in the case of Koro Ceesay, the government
>>quickly cleared the road and the vehicle involved, so that no evidence
>>will
>>be found. In fact, a 22 July vehicle was sent to scene in the name of
>>rescuing the victims. Who are they trying to deceive? The July 22 vehicle
>>went to the scene of the accident to tamper with any potential evidence
>>against the culprits. And while people are mourning, Yahya Jammeh has
>>since
>>left the country for Taiwan without even extending sympathy to the
>>families
>>of these people. By the way, the Kutobo Manneh involved in the supposed
>>accident, is the one who sometimes sends mails to the L from Saudi Arabia.
>>His wife died but he himself survived although injured just likewise
>>Amadou
>>Sanneh. Ebrima, this matter needs thorough investigation and if that is
>>done, it is very likely that it would be discovered that a grenade was
>>actually thrown at their vehicle. I hope Ousainou Darboe and other members
>>of the opposition reading this mail will exercise greater care in future.
>>They need to be on their guards as the elections approach because these

Ebrima,

We are all working for a better Gambia so that we will all live in peace.

But you should not encorage such lies as this mail from your source
in Banjul.You know what a grenade can do to a mini bus, it would not
only blow off the tires but the whole vehicle.

This was an accident and we should not be fabricating stories just
because we hate Yaya Jammeh.

I trusted in the information we are getting from your source, but
this story of a grenade is making me get a second mind.

May the Almighty God be with us on our fight for justice in The Gambia

Thanks