GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
pasamba jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:47:51 -0700
She posted a D25,000.00 bond and was released. She is due in court  again on Wednesday.

  Coach

Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Greetings / assalamu alaikum all, Alhamdulillah for such wonderful
news! the news that she is free on bail, I mean. The fact that she
is charged with *anything at all* goes to show you what kind of
govenrment actually prevails in The Gambia, and it can't be called a
"democratic" one by any stretch of the imagination.

So, as she was granted bail, have they actually released her? That is
the important question to me, as the courts can say anything they
want, though, I'd not think that the rulings matter much, as President
Jammeh has the belief that he's a king (and the people don't seem to
be challenging him on that premise).

Anyway, the fact that she has been granted bail is, indeed, good news,
and woudl be made even better if all charges were dropped against her
and she was free to go and resume her normal activities.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at: http://quickgm28.blogs.com/ginnys_thoughts_and_thing/