GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:02:43 -0400
Mr. Jarsu:

It is interesting that you have a change of heart on me.  This
I think is appropriate in a sense that I would rather be hated
to speak the truth, than lie to make friends.  It is of no
significance whether we come from the same constituency or not.  I am
here to speak the truth.  It will also be appropriate if you will
come out of the closet and reveal your true identity.

History and politics are so intermingled that for an electorate
to clearly define and make a decision on a choice, he or she should
revisit history and draw comprarison of trends beneficial in making
critical decisions in a democratic process.

It also interesting that some of you have forgotten the importance of
NRP and PDOIS.  We must understand that these two political parties
are vital in our struggle.  Why should we give a blanket support
to the PPP/UDP/Assan Musa coalition without questioning the whole
process of nominating Ousainou?  Do you really want to displace
PDOIS and NRP at this important sector of our politics?  Do you want
to see a disjointed opposition ?  Do you acknowledge that the rule
of politics is compromise?  Do you want to just accept  policies
without questioning rules and procedures that initiated such a
union at the expense of two important political parties?

I want to make it clear that I welcome compromise base on truth,
fair-dealing and understanding.  If we fail to speak the truth, our
struggle for a free Gambia will not materialize.  I am of the opinion
that many of you who are writing and condemning those of us who advocate
fair-dealing are yet to send in your contributions.  I will take you
serious if you send your contributions to Joe Sambou.  You must do the
talk and also do the walk.  It does not make sense to speak while you
keep a tight hand on your wallet.

In another area, I have no desire to run for public office.  I welcome
your disapproval.  I would rather speak the truth and have enemies,
than lie to make friends.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East constituency