GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:03:44 -0700
Mr. Sallah,

Please allow me to quote you:

"The only legitimate way of being entrusted with power is to receive the
mandate of an enlightened and free people. The only legitimate way of
exercising entrusted authority is to do so to promote the general welfare of
the people."

Real words of wisdom these are if only your main audience, Jammeh that is,
can decipher what you wrote. Unfortunately, he can't, he wouldn't, and he
doesn't care! That's the fact Mr. Sallah.
When are we going to accept the truth that Gambia, most unfortunately, is
being ruled by PSYCHOPATH. A complete and undisputable one that is for Gods'
sake! Do we have to wait for him to pull out a matchete and start chasing at
people before we know who this guy is? He has said it on national TV that he
can do it. He said he will chop his oponents in pieces and bury them. Now
again, he said he will bury them six feet/ten feet/ hundred feet ..... And
he did actually bury some!

You, Mr. Sallah, Sidia Jatta, Ousainou Darboe, Hamat Bah and all other
activists out there, you are the people that can make a big difference in
the direction our country will take in coming years. Ordinary Gambians will
rely on you to rescue us from this monster. Please speak a language this
monster can understand. How many letters, articles and debates have you gone
through to have this guy hear what you are saying? Wouldn't your words have
hit home by now? Please accept the fact that you are dealing with a mad man
and speak the language mad men understand. Let's not give him the chance to
do more than what he has laready done, please!

Keep the fire burning.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Toll-free number: 1-888-392-4832(Excite2)
Personal extension for v/mail/fax: 291-368-1519