GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:06:42 PDT
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below has just come from one of my sources in the Gambia.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK.

PS: Yes, I do concur with the fact that both my sources and Mr. Ebou Colley
are providing very useful information to the Gambian Nation, through the L,
but there is, of course, no follow up in the Gambia to many of these
stories/revelations.

Well, as for me, Gambia-L, you can understand my constraints: the fact of
the matter is that I am not in the Gambia but rather in the UK. So it is
definitely up to the media outlets (and politicians) in the Gambia to follow
up these scoops from their end, and not me!

Anyway, I'll address this issue seperately later on!

Hello Ebrima,

In Ebou Colly's piece entitled "GAMBIA GOVERNMENT DOING WHAT IT IS BEST AT -
PEDDLING LIES AGAIN", he (Ebou Colley) had lamented the lack of follow-up to
many of the confidential materials being forwarded to the L. I could not
agree with him more.

The issue of the presence of the Guinea-Bissau and Moroccan security
personnel in The Gambia was never throughly pursued by the media here in the
Gambia. It is indeed the role of the media and other concerned citizens to
follow up these leads we are giving. These are very serious issues, but are
dropped as fast as they are raised. Why?

I hope others are picking up on these and other leads to shed more light on
the numerous and valuable leads in the archives of the L. It is now evident
that those Guinea Bissau guards of Yahya Jammeh were working hand in glove
with the State House guards at the Polodi range when they blew themselves to
pieces.

Anyway, for the information of Ebou Colley, the Moroccan guards are not part
of the official Moroccan Technical Assistance Team. As you rightly wondered,
they are not officially supported and/or financed by the Moroccan
government. In fact, be informed that OFFICIALLY the cooperation agreement
between Morocco and The Gambia does not at all cover military personnel.

The historic and strong diplomatic ties that exist between Morocco and
Senegal will not allow for the latter to engage in any activity that will
undermine the interest of Senegal. Senegal is more important to Morocco than
the Gambia is to Morocco.

The Moroccan guards in the Gambia are privately recruited mercenaries who
have been recruited by the thug-cum-President Yaya Jammeh, through his
father-in-law and the first lady. The Moroccans were not present at Polodi.

Please, Ebrima, do follow up this next lead I am giving you involving one
Mr. Hydara whom, I am told, is commonly known as "Chicken George" (he was a
poultry farmer) and must have derived his name from the ROOTS character.

He is currently involved in a serious dispute with Yaya Jammeh over some
"cocaine consignment". Hydara was in charge of the training of Yaya Jammeh's
German shepards/doberman pitchers and, as a result, he was allocated a boy's
quarter in Kanilai.( By the way, Dr Saja Taal also lives in a boy's quarter
in Kanilai) Can you imagine Hydara, a US-trained Gambian turned farm-boy for
Yahya?

Anyway, as a result of the dispute, he, Hydara, has been relieved of his
duties as dog-mender. And Hydara has now threatened to spill the beans on
some "cocaine deal" involving Yaya Jammeh.

So after Jammeh withdrew the Pajero given to Hydara, over the weekend, he,
Hydara, was then taken to the Police Station where he threatened to reveal
"illegal drug" dealings involving higher ups.

His threat has been taken seriously by the authorities, and, in order to
avoid adding to the myriad of problems Yaya Jammeh is facing, he (Hydara)
has been released forthwith. Hydara is sending his family back to the United
States for safety, but has, however, vowed to stay on in Banjul to fight
this one out.

EBRIMA, THIS IS PRESENT-DAY GAMBIA THAT YAHYA JAMMEH HAS SUCCESSFULLY
TRANSFORMED US INTO: A DRUG HAVEN NATION RUN BY SMOKERS, SHOOTERS AND
SNORTERS, NOT TO SPEAK OF CHILD KILLERS AND RAPISTS.

Take Ebou Colley's advice and request the local newspapers and investigative
reporters to follow-up these leads we are giving them. Have a good day.

Thanks as ever!