GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
malik kah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:08:29 +0000
MOSE, I wish to associate my self with your analysis, it is coherent honest
and impregnated with the truth, I wish we all approach this whole coalition
question in this manner then there would not have been any conflicts or
contradictions. But the reality remains that some people are just dishonest
and would always blame others instead of taking time to reflect on their own
actions. The Gambia is at a cross-roads hence it requires all of us
advocating for the greater good to embark on the same slippery slope.
Instead of castigating one another we should be engaging in regular honest
dialogue in other to formulate a programme of action that would be
acceptable to  all participants hecnce, inclusive.

The people have declared thier wish it is now incumbent upon the politicians
to forge an agreement that would bind all the parties. Nontheless if the
whole thing did not materialise we should just move on and ensure the
inergrity of the whole electoral process to allow the verdict to reflect the
wishes of the electorate. Failure to do this will only lead to bitterness
and recreminations which is uncalled for. Of course there are people whose
political affiliations are known hence we must learn to respect each others
positions an that is the beauty of democracy, through such varied positions
would emerge fruitful discussion such as yours which can only help to
forster democracy and goodwill. We should issue a challenge to the parties
to return for further negotiations any any one who emerged as the choosen
leader would be endorsed and given all the support warranted. Failure to
convene and brainstorm would just pronounce the dead to the efforts to forge
a coalition. I hope when this is the case Pdois would be spared the blame
for their position is very clear to anyone of intergrity, they havent at any
point in time denounce such an alliance in fact au contraire they have
supported it in principle and have even gone further to table a proposal as
to what they think should happen. I hope we will move forward and stop
accusing innocent people for being the cause of any failure