GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousainou Ngum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 00:59:20 -0700
Asalaam Bro. E.

   I've always followed your contributions with keen interest; however,
there is some kinda villifying term that you are nonetheless willing to use
discriminately against a particular group of people; i.e The Jola people.
You have just used "sinister Jola ethnocentric agenda", which I find quite
offensive. I honestly believe that branding a people this way can be quite
dangerous and repulsive.

   Don't get me wrong. I do not approve of Jammeh's arrogance nor his
nepotism. What I am saying is that, I find it very wrong and therefore
unacceptable to brand a people like you always do. This will only help
discredit whatever valuable info you have to share with the rest of us. I am
aware of the fact that you're somehow connected to the group concerned
(blood relations), this is however no justifiable grounds for you to be
launching your highly offensive attacks. You have the likes of Yaya Jammeh
in every society and in those same societies, you have very noble beings
too. The Jolas are no exception in this case, and I think it will do you
some good and The Gambia as a nation, to acknowledge it.

    I am patiently looking foward to the (positive)impact that my
observation will have on your next posting. Keep the fire burning with your
invaluable contributions.   Thanks.

    Ous Ngum.