GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:40:32 GMT
Mr. Ceesay,

Thanks for your initiative. My only quarrel with it has been voiced by
Ousman Bojang. This initiative shouldn't be US specific. Despite
perceptions, I believe that overall, there are more Gambians in Europe than
in the US. I stand corrected here. In any case, any pledge regarding voting
in 2001 should be  a concerted and universal effort. But your petition,
coming after PDOIS's letter to the proper authorities regarding this issue,
may trigger a response. But I'm wondering what the other parties are saying.
They need to follow PDOIS's lead. Their input will surely help. Could Mr.
Mballow throw any light on this? Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Saul.