GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mori K. Jammeh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 20:15:29 -0500
Dear Gambia L,
This is yet another clear manifestation to the Gambian people and the whole
world that there is a difference between Yaya's government and the
government which he and his cohorts claim to rescue Gambians from.I am sure
every one is aware of why the alleged killings happened today at home.It all
began because a student has been tortured to death and another has been
raped but authorities are reluctant to investigate and punish those
responsible for the crimes.

Any effort to suppress the unveiling of truth I'm sure will be fruitless and
it is better to take action against those responsible for those crimes as
well as the officers who fired and killed students.I believe law enforcement
agencies are all dancing to the tunes of the rogue regime and it is time
those of them who want to restore credibility in their service to the nation
come out and speak out. You cannot continue killing our people who are
defenseless in the name of law and order when there is not a single iota of
discipline in your activities. Why in the first place would they face
student with guns with live ammunitions? Brothers and sisters let us join
hands in every possible way to dislodge this barbaric regime.Each of us can
make this a reality through the letter writing campaigns as well as
encouraging people to vote.May their souls rest in peace.Long live the
Gambia.
Mori Kebba Jammeh

Mori