GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:35:30 -0400
Folks,
We knew all along that it was in the works but it now final! St Johns
University our host has set date to discontinue Maelstrom. Come Feb 1
2006 we must find a new place for the Bantanta. Already a couple of
people have offered to host it. Amadou Kabir Njie offered to lead a
Yahoo group by the same name and Abdoulie Jallow (BambaLaye) has offered
Gambia-talk services to host Gambia-l .  In any case we must seek to
maintain a few core values. 1. access and control over the archives and
2. open and free spirited debate environment. A number of people
supported BambaLaye offer based on believe that we as a community would
have more control over the archives than with the Yahoo group situation.
Whether this is real or not I  am not computent to say.

Perhaps it is about time to set a timetable for migrating to our new
host and make sure things are working before the Feb deadline.

We thank St Johns for all the service and wish Gambia-l a new and better
home.

Malanding Jaiteh