GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Essau Gambia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:09:49 -0400
By Our Banjul Bureau Chief, Landing Badjie
Paid for and Commissioned by the Freedom
Newspaper.

 Trucks, laden with consumables and mattresses, were this afternoon leaving
the Gambian capital for the home hamlet of President Yaya Jammeh as the
Kanilai International Festival takes centre-stage. According to state house
sources, the decision to transport rice, oil, sugar and mattresses from
Banjul to Kanilai was precipitated by the unforeseen growing demand on food
and bedding as the festival progresses. Sources went  on to add that the
organisers are so impressed with the level of public interest in the
festival that they are poised to give more.

"The turn-out is unprecedented, hence the need to rise up to the occasion.
We are quite confident that we would be able to deal and cope with the
situation because the ultimate aim of the president is to see to it that the
event becomes the thundering success it so deserved," our source hinted.

Meanwhile, in his remarks to declare the festival open, President Jammeh
told his audience that the promotion and preservation of our rich cultural
heritage is such an important undertaking. In his speech that was broadcast
and screened to a multitude of television viewers, President Jammeh
enjoined  Gambians to put all hands on deck to promote our unique cultures.
He pointed out that the festival serves as a window of show-casing the
sub-region's cultures as unique and rich in their own right.
Posted on Monday, June 25, 2007 (Archive on Saturday, July 07, 2007)
Posted by PNMBAI  Contributed by PNMBAI
Return <http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/Default.aspx>

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい