GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 07:10:06 PDT
Gambia L, (writing in a rush)

I have again received this e-mail from Matarr Njie, and I am sending it for
your perusal. He did send me another one, in which he insulted me, Katim
Touray and Jabou Joh, but given the immense respect I have for Jabou Joh in
particular, I have decided to withhold that mail.

Katim, I do have some information on Matarr Njie, which I can send you and
copy it to the L, since we are in an era of transparency and accontability.
But I am about to go to London, to attend Ndey Jobarteh's wedding party and
also the African Liberation Day celebrations.  Therefore, if I have to send
you some information on matarr Njie, it has to be sometime next week.

Meanwhile, you might find this information relevant. Matarr Njie is a post
graduate student at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, University
of Malaya. The Dean of the Faculty is Professor Zahara Yahaya, and her
telephone numbers are: 03 7564767 or 037593600. Her fax no is: 037567252.
Matarr finished his masters in economics in January 1998, but he is still
doing further studies at the same faculty.

This is the University's address: University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

The telephone numbers for the security office of the university are: 03
7567405 or 03 7593470. The fax is: 03 7593535.

This is number for the Computer Services Division of the University: 03
7594132, and the fax is 03 7594160.

Bass Dodou Drammeh, thanks for your comments on the Amadou Samba/Daily
Observer issue. I have all these answers for Momodou Njie, but, as you said,
the issue at hand is not about media ownership in the UK. At some point, Mr
Njie, I can devote a whole piece to the topic of media ownership in the UK.
In fact, I have already conducted a researh on the subject.

Anyway, cheers and good luck in your endeavours!!

Ebrima Ceesay,
Birmingham, UK.