GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:52:56 -0700
Fellow L'ERS

I hope that everyone reading this will read it
carefully and see it in the light that I am writing it
and not as a personal attack to anyone.  So as they
say in Wollof "DEHKLUH LENMAH AK HELL !!! TEH BULENMAH
DEHKLUH AK KHOLL !!!".

For a while now, I have stayed in the background
reading numerous exchanges between various members of
the Gambia-L on issues ranging from identity theft, to
monetary theft, to accusing people of only caring when
their relatives are touched by Yahya.  While it is
true that some of these issues are very relevant and
do need our BRIEF attention, there is such a thing as
TOP PRIORITY.  And I do believe that the majority of
you would agree with me that for us at present that
should be, THE RESTORING OF OUR BELOVED COUNTRY, the
beautiful and sunny Gambia which was once full of
smiling faces , thus nicknamed "The Smiling Coast", TO
DEMOCRATIC RULE WITH VERY LIMITTED NEGATIVE SIDE
EFFECTS. And restore the smiles to the faces of the
general population.  That being agreed upon, if it is
at all necessary for us to momentarily stray from our
quest to address such issues, I do believe we should
try to minimize such addressings in order to avoid
wandering too far away from, or being sidetracked from
our immediate goal.  We owe it to our selves, as
Gambians, and to the masses of people back home who
have to live with the everyday tortures of life under
Yahyah's regime.  And above all, we owe it to those
poor innocent school children who were brave enough to
stand against the guns of this fascist regime paying
with the ultimate price of laying down their lives.
People! People! People! If such young kids are able to
come together and form a resistant strong enough to
rock the stronghold of Yahya Jammeh's regime, us with
our so called "world experience", education, and
maturity, should be able to find a way to stay
focused, and to "KEEP OUR EYES ON THE PRICE."  I do
understand that this is sometimes easier said than
done.  Because I have sometimes found myself wanting
to join in and express my opinion about some of these
issues.  But thank God that I was, on most occasions,
able to stop myself before I did.  And after there is
no use beating on a death horse.  AND I BET YAHYA AND
HIS CHORTS ARE HAPPY TO KNOW THAT WE ARE BEING EASILY
DISTRACTED FROM OUR GOAL.  FOR IT IS MY BELIEVE THAT
THEY DO MONITOR OUR EXCHANGES ON THE "L".

My humble opinion is that, we want to have as many
Gambians as possible participating in this, our quest.
 And as such, we should not be in too much of a hurry
or we should not pounce too hard, on those willing to
participate.  Yea! Yea! Some of us are slackers and
have not contributed in the past.  But does not mean
we do not want them participating now?  Or that we
should rub that in their faces?  Am sure they
themselves after being "Directly Affected" by Yahya
and his cohort's actions, do realize that not
participating in the past was a mistake.  As such we
should not dwell on their not having done so in the
past but rejoice in the fact that they have come to
join us.  THUS, IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW THEY WERE
FORCED TO SEE THE LIGHT.  WHAT MATTERS IS THAT THEY
CAN SEE IT NOW.

Also, as much as we want to chastise the Tombongs
(which I myself am guilty of) and the Ebou Jallows for
associating or having associated with the "Evilry"
that is the Yahya regime, we should not just pounce on
them.  Let us use them to gain an understanding and to
gain valuable information that only they can supply,
since "they are eating or have eaten at the devils
table", they are more likely to comprehend the menu
better than the rest of us.  So my humble opinion is
that, even if Yahya Jammeh himself came on the "L".
Instead of just chastising him (mind you I do not even
dream of saying do not give him the tirade he
deserves), we should try to manipulate, and utilize
him to gain information that may help our course.  And
experience have thought me that the way to gain
information out of people is not to attack them.  Am
sure there are people on this forum who are very able
in utilizing the necessary tactics in order to beat
the devil at his own game.  No, I do not suggest that
we stoop to "Evilry".  The tactic am suggesting can be
understood from the simple tactic that some of us
women utilize when we want to get something from our
"Alhagie's"...We put on our best behavior, our best
clothes, our best "Nehmaliys", cook the best dinner
and make them relax...  And just when their guards are
most down, we subtly start working to achieve our own
interests.  So while that may not be the exact tactic
to use in this case (I am not so naive that I cannot
realize that the two situations differ), am sure you
get the idea of what am trying to suggest.  I stop
here now, and I beg you to understand that anything I
say is in the interest of our beloved nation.  And
while I may offend some, I realize that in the quest
for justice, not everyone can be pleased all the time.
 And I do apologize to anyone that finds themselves
offended while reading this message.

I REMAIN SIMPLY
SIGGA M. JAGNE
A GAMBIAN CITIZEN

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"