GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 02:08:53 EDT
Barring any supposition otherwise, and for the rule of constitutional law  in
any nation, the state government must be independent of any of its  religions.

Additionally, barring variance in opinion, and for the rule of
constitutional law, any politician who aspires to lead a nation must necessarily  belong to
one of her constitutive tribes, ethnicities, religions, and or  cultures.

At this early juncture, I wish to thank you Lamin for the notes from 2005
that you so generously forwarded to me. I have reviewed it carefully and I
continue to draw inspiration from it. I must share with you though that there
were two premises that are fatally-flawed. Otherwise, it was sincere,
appropriate, and with more benign delivery of your intent, you could have been
successful. The tone was adversarial from my understanding. I ask for your
forgiveness in advance but I will share ideas on it with you in private as the  note was
privately forwarded to me. My conversations here will also review them
without assignment.

The constitution of Gambia can be viewed therefore as an  open subsystem of
of the system that is Gambia. The other open  subsystems are Citizens, Health,
Education, and Industry. The boundary that  describes the entire system is a
beltline or ceinture called The rule of law.  This is no different from
Senegal, Ghana, SierraLeone, US, England, Wales,  Canada, Hungary, or the Fjords that
make up Finland. In 1994, Yahya and his  group of marauding bandits broke the
ceinture and the system was laid bare to  uncontrolled entropy and displaced
priorities. I am cognisant of the fact that  change from the PPP government
was long overdue and most desired, but the  AFPRC and later APRC was not the
desired or proper change. Of course Gambians  were to later learn that.
Furthermore, any other coup to replace Yahya and  Edward, if inspired by greed and
self-interest as opposed to the commoner  Gambian interest, is doomed for failure
either prior to success or immediately  after success. This is a topic for
another time perhaps before we retire from  this conversation series.

The decade of Yahya and Edwards' rule has witnessed enormous advancement in
the areas of communication, and general properity throughout the world. This
prosperity has passed Rwanda, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro,
SierraLeone,  and Gambia by unnoticed. Other countries by reason of ethnic and religious
strife, and Gambia by clueless banditry. Development in many areas of human
endeavour is now accessible thanks to diminution in informational barriers.  A
young lad in India could handle process for the US from Lahore.  Similarly,
an entrepreneur in Accra could manufacture and shipping of his/her  product
from South Africa. A researcher in Rufisque could benefit from real-time
collaboration with a counterpart in Tel-Aviv or Damascus, and a Doctor in  Ethipia
can benefit from innovations in surgical technology in Oslo. All of this
advancement can only be harnessed by willing, ready, and able agents. Their mere
existence is not of much value to anyone. The old adage "Opportunity knocks but
once" ought to have been changed to a more appropriate paradigm
"Opportunities  lays dormant to be harnessed by the best prepared". Opportunity has never
knocked on anyone's door, not even once. If you wait for it to knock, you are
bound to die waiting.

Demographers have shared with us that (Joel Cohen) the decade that has  2005
as its mid-point has witnessed trransitions for mankind that are of epochal
proportion.
In 2005 the World's population doubled.
From 2000 onward, the population of elderly folk surpassed that of the  youth.
In 2007, the urban populations surpassed rural populations.
All these events occurred under the clueless watch of Yahya and Edward. I  am
confident prior to this conversation they were ignorant of these important
facts.

Dynamic subsystem components like these are what keep the ceinture of  the
rule of law snugly around the Gambia if it were there. They are also the
self-regenerating components of constitutional government. My coleagues can  begin
to appreciate this conversation when you realize that Epochs in human life  are
best unguided, unled, and uncoerced. Just harnessed and celebrated. An
illegal act cannot by definition be epochal. An epoch is a natural phenomenon or  a
constitutionally desirable human event. Yahya and Edward are advised  to seek
appropriate help for governance of Gambia and to train on commoner good.
Otherwise they will be removed by an epochal event and it may not be pretty for
them. Make use of the remaining goodwill of Gambians and stop prostituting us
for Taiwan and other uncouth nations. Lures abound.

Thank you for your audience and I look forward to being with you soon for
another installment of this conversation series. I will share thoughts on
UDP/NRP, PDOIS, and APRC. I do not consider PPP or NDAM to be significant
political parties. No offense party members. I will also share ideas on why we  must
abandon the quest for NADD or its reconstitution. That is foolhardy and  highly
temperamental. I will though share a better way forward as I develop the
concept with a fellow citizen who suggested the idea in the first place.

Haruna Masoud MQDT Darbo.