GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 23:15:26 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< As a people our lives as Africans are worthless to this group. Some of us
can marry white people, come with them to Africa, baptize them and call them
Muhammed or Aja Basse, yet in the eyes of the Western power brokers we remain
nothing but primates at the very beginning of the evolutionary chain!!

 All the best,
 Jay.
Jainaba Jallow a.k.a Wuri Jallow a.k.a Sister Jay a.k.a Neneh Galleh but
actually Mrs M.C Jallow, wife of Jammeh's Secretary of State for

Jai,

You and I have not seen each other since you were a high school student at St
Joseph's, and  put in the care of my late mom.  This was in 1980 at my family
compound at Wellington St.Your first cousin Ebou Joh, son of my brother
Mamballa Joh being the reason you were entrusted to my mom. I remember you as
a bright young girl who spent a lot of time chatting with me, and i enjoyed
your company quite a bit infact.
In 1980, my ex husband Dr Jay Siebert came to the Gambia where he converted
to islam, we got married and he  was given the name of Muhammed by my late
dad. You were living with us then, so your above statement is not lost on me.

I was married to him for 15 years, and he is the father of all four of my
kids, and he and i are still the best of friends, and he is no racist.I know
enough not to  lay the burden of those who practice racism on his shoulders,
nor does he carry it, and we did not get married to assimilate America into
Africa.It was strictly a matter of the heart as it should be.

I agree with you that racism is a reality, and that the U.S and other western
nations do consider Africa and Africans dispensable, and that we should
indeed be our own keeper as a matter of fact.Those who know me well will
never define me as someone who advocates dependency on outsiders as our
saviours.

The "Declaration of independence " I re-sent to the L was intended to convey
a message that I am sure all intelligent people in this forum understood. I
hope that those who took it as an appeal to the U.S and others to save us are
limited to just one and that is unfortunate since i always believed you were
a rather intelligent young lady.
What problem exactly do you have with me Jai?
 Is it because of my last post to the L in which I made the statement that no
decent Gambian will serve under the jammeh regime, and you are upset because
your husband is a secretary of state under this regime?
I have seen you use all these aliases on your posts to the L, and you give a
pretty convincing picture of someone who is on the side of justice with your
expressions of solidarity with Baba Galleh Jallow and your references to our
salvation from dictatorships etc. You had me convinced that you were infact
on the side of the truth, and i was quite proud of you.

This subtle attack on me has made me change my mind Jai, and i am
dissappointed.
I would never have mentioned your aliases, and I knew it was you all along,
and even considered writing you privately to say hi and offer some
encouragement and sdvice, but i could not resist sending this response  when
i saw your post.
It is too bad that i had to write this, but you left me no choice.

Jabou Joh