GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:22:47 +0100
Dampha,

I find this topic very interesting. I however would
like to ask few questions on the issue.

(1) Was Darboe a public officer when he apeared before
the Commission?
(2) As a lawyer are you supose to run after your
clients to prosecute their case especially when they
show little interest in it?
(3) This commission case Joof is now referring to...i
could remember covering it. I could remember also
Darboe saying to the commission that he processed all
the papers before the courts and what he was waiting
for from his clients was for them to give him the go
ahead as well as produce the witnesses. So in a
situation like this does a lawyer have to keep
pestering the jude and the courts especially  when the
 accusers have not come up with anything for their
lawyer to pursue?
(4) Another important question that i think should be
cleared is (though am not a lawyer)...when a stay of
execution is before a court can that same issue be
taken as a case against an accused or a litigant?

If all these questions can be properly answered then
we will i think get to the bottom of this case.
Because as far as i could remember(am not sure whether
is correct)..Darboe had appealed against the case.
But i will be very important too for Darboe himself to
clear the doubt. Am currently out of the country
covering events in Dakar and the neighbouring
countries so there is little info i can give on this
case but hopefully when i return God willing i will
check my records on this case.

E Sillah.

Brother, I got to tell you that this is the biggest

=== message truncated ===