GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 08:32:46 +0200
Mr. Ebou Jalow,
very interesting information.
May I ask you, even they operate in cadre/cells, are their activities not
know to their families and friends. ? Do neighbors not know if a young man
in a compound is involved into something ? My knowledge of the ordinary
gambian compound-life is, that nothing is "secret", they all know who you
are, where you are going, what you do for a living, what you do when out at
night, even the most private and intimate things. Therefor I should say that
if a compound houses f.in. a member of AFPRC-youth Wing, people know. Are
they trained to the utmost, to operate as f.in. FBI/CIA agents, or some sort
of interior guerilla warfare ?
I don´t understand how a political party can risk this. IF they
incidentally  should be caught in a criminal act, they risk a lot.
Very interesting but also very alarming, is my opinion.
Asbjørn Nordam