GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:59:40 +0100
haruna ,the topic you posted is a loaded one .every society has its weaknesses and passive strenghts.i don't see any society that can boast of being equal in every avenues and departments.human beings trade on reputation .''it is easier to cope with a bad conscience than a bad reputation'' Friedrich Nietzsche .reputation precedes and inspire respect.we should try hard to desist from tarnishing others reputation ,if we are not sure about about our comments.to start a war is easy but to win it is the bigger task. an attack on another man's reputation is a potent weapon,we should avoid petty vengeance.

  the Gambia has great people from across the tribal line ,we cannot hide away from what we are ,we all belong to a section of a tribe ,this shouldn't be our weakness ,we should try hard to make it work for us .may be i don't make any sense in that sentence but many will understand what i saying.

  we all have our weaknesses.''show me a man without any weakness or fault ,i will show you God ''   suntou. in this equation ,whoever we choose to follow in leading our paradise ,lets not take heart in the pursuit of fulfilment .some of our leadership aspirants have sacrifice a lot for our human development and others much less .it is difficult to measure a man's worth ,but with cooperation our differences is only little .
  yes,i admit ,we have major issues to talk about ,but the manners we talk about them may prove to be the deciding factor .i see a Gambia whose people are seeing the same thing,but different methods of achieving that end goal.

  i will advice readers to take a look at the British parliamentary system ,judge for yourself whether that system is equal to all members in the chambers.they have the house of lords and the the house of parliament .even the parliament have its own separations and divisions but they still function progressively as a nation.who are there law lords ?
  in their society as well ,there are clear and visible inequalities ,this are human dimension .we can never be perfect .but as haruna ably stated ,we look forward to constitutional democracy and progress .with time ,Gambian will understand the messages of every political party may be not in our time .God bless the Gambia and her people .amen.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Allahumma Aamannaa bimaa anthalta wattabaana Rasula faqfirnaa Maa 'A
Ssaadiqeen!!!

Suntou, I think this is a valuable exercise. I will sit by the side and
listen to be further educated. In parallel, I will discuss this idea of the rule
of LAW and how you gauge a politician's commitment to it since my dear friend
Lamin has been most interested in that area. I must say here that I am of
similar dispensation as Lamin (JDAM) for I believe that the basic tenets of
democracy is governance without fear or favour. The only way you can accomplish
that in a heterogeneous society (Gambia is a heterogeneous society), is to
train on the common constitution.

A constitution in its basic form is an instrument of governance which has
drawn on the traditions, administrative norms, and cultures of its constitutive
interests. A constitution does not just happen on a people. So right off the
bat, we should reject any notion or pronouncement of any politician who
abandons any or all of the constitutive groups. A pronouncement or declaration
such as that only shares non-commitment to the rule of constitutional law. If
any one of our fellow citizens insists on such declaration, we must therefore
query which or what law are they committed to put in order???? We must also
let our fellow citizens speak for themselves because when we pretend to speak
for them, we may err or malign their intents and dispositions. Do not let a
fellow citizen speak on behalf of another unless the spoken-for is infirm of
mind and body and or has explicitly conferred such agency on the speaking
citizen. Any citizen may forward prior literature or speech that is not
burdensome in comprehension or bear unreasonably on the citizens' time to review, and
that shares their dispensation if indeed they have not changed their minds
since that literature or speech.

We continue.

The constitutions of all states, countries, and nations are general codes of
human conduct and where they differ, are distillations of unique interests
and geography of their peoples. The way that is achieved is by constitutional
review committees taken from the various interest in order that all the
constitutive groups' norms, traditions, and cultures are taken into account. No
human has the authority to introduce in any society, a foreign constitution
whose edicts are not germaine to the society in which it is to be introduced. I
am speaking English and very slowly so that I don't leave any citizen behind
in this conversation.

We have experiments afoot in Herzegovina, Croatia, Iraq, Bulawayo, Darfur,
Freetown, Aljazair, Ankara, Suomi, and Malmo on this idea. We will all witness
the designs. The reason why there is separation of state and religion is
that prophets get revelations from Allah or so they share with us, and they
translate that to implicit agency from GOD. However, there is not just one
religion, and the laws of religion are not constitutive. That is they do not aspire
to nor do they represent the interests of all mankind and there is not one
country where only muslims or christians live. I submit therefore that
imposing religious law on any society is heresy as Allah/God has advised believers.
Religion is for divine living and salvation in the heavens. Inna Llaah uhibbu
Llethina, Ukhaatiluun fii sabee Lihee Saffan, Ka Annahum bunyaanun marsoos.
Therefore, religious law was not and cannot be meant for heterogeneous life
on earth.
When we all go to the heavens, we will be separated into our constitutive
groups while on earth and we will be judged according to our groups and our
persons within that group. That is why we are buried in our group or family
cemetries and in our own countries where possible and desired. A muslim will not
be judged alongside a christian, an African will not be judged alongside a
European, a monkey will not be judged alongside a hyena. Religion is the way it
is because of those fears. I advise those who are trained on Islam to
endeavour to be good muslims and those who are trained on Christianity to endeavour
to be good Christians. Likewise for all other religions and schools of
divinity proper.

Now back to governance in a heterogeneous society; We have the weak and the
strong. The seeing and the blind. The hearing and the deaf. The speaking and
the infirm of speech. The able-bodied and the physically challenged or the
paraplegics. These maladies or differences cut across tribes, ethnicities, and
religions. We also have the animals, the rivers, the lakes, oceans, the sky,
and the atmosphere. And we have the plants. All these entities and humans live
in energy cycles for sustenance and growth. The desire for governance
therefore is to enhance these cyclical synergies (recyclable energies) to extend
their lives and worth for the entire earth system. It is for these local
differences that constitutive law addresses. It speaks for the infirm of speech. It
listens to the deaf. It enables the physically challenged, it acts as a
Lingua Franca among its contitutive languages, it stores water for droughts, it
culls agents of disease and disorder (entropy). Pray tell, all citizens of any
nation, state, or country are necessarily committed to the rule of
constitutional law and only where it is aversed reveals the unequal commitment among
us. That is the principle in jurisprudence of innocent until proven guilty.
Not until presumed guilty. The banter that any one citizen is therefore more
committed to the rule of law, especially one who has not ruled yet, is simply
sophomoric and disingenuous. And it ought not be given a farthing's worth of
consideration. A constitution by its very nature, is self-regenerative in that
it has its own checks and balances to assure sustenance of life. Make no
mistake, we do not have a constitutional government in Gambia presently. What I
share here is that in the pursuit of the rule of law, all citizens are
equally committed to it. Any insinuation or declaration otherwise is vainglory and
disingenuity.

I am taking my son to pick up trash, clean the yard, and mow the grass for
now. We will then see Taiga, Stricker, Villegas, Furyk, Rose, and Baddeley
playing golf at the BMW Championship in Chicago now and I will rejoin you later
Allah willing!

Haroun Masoud MQDT Darbo.
there is no way for us to verify