GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:07 +0100
Baba Galleh:

  There again with the usual jealousy!

  Who says the good doctor should not take what he pleases of our meagre resources and splash the loot on the vanities of his fancies.

  LJDarbo

Baba Galleh Jallow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  BambaLaye, I am not at all surprised that Gambia would drop down any
progressive ranking in the world. We nener hear loud accusations of
politicians living flamboyant lifestyles these days, or of transparency,
accountability and probity. Our good doctor has becoime the very
personification of absurd flamboyance - what with the oily cheeks and
flowing robes with the bulging pockets, the ever shining bald head and white
"copoti", the sword, the book, and the beads, the eccentric claims to
mysterious healing powers, citations as to his name being mentioned in the
Quran, that he is the first president ever with that name, etc. Even
Orwell's Napoleon would bend his head for our own good flamboyant dicta. And
my sense is that things are not about to get better as long as our Master of
Ceremonies presides over the confused affairs of our groaning nation.

Thanks for sharing.

Baba