GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 01:49:57 -0800
Comrades:

I resurfaced for the fact that I could not sit idle and let The Gambia go down
the tubes.  I thought it was an easy venture to work full-time
and adjunct as an instructor of accouting, and contribute to the L.  I  will
appropriate the slightess time available to contribute immensely
in rescuing our country while I continue to do this venture.

With different routes that the opposition leadership is taking, we must
reflect for a moment, and assert that such different routes will lead us to
hell, and eventually consolidate Jammeh's terror on Gambians.  How can we
become so selfish that the enemy who tries to destroy us has given a few among
us parliamentary seats?

Afterall, three opposition parliamentarians in the legislature are
insignificant of making any change.  Can these parliamentarians realistically
believe that their efforts will inevitably drive Jammeh out of power?

Halifa, Sidia and Hamat, what is happening in the consicious inner capacity of
your thinking?  Will the three of you continue to take two different routes in
the event that we call for total and unconditional opposition unity?

On the side of Mr. Lamin Waa Juwara, do you consciously believe that by
forming your own political party is the cure to our problems?  You may have
been right in calling for transparency within the UDP, but you took a
dangerous route by adding more damage to our fragile effort.  Will you come
when we call for absolute and unconditional unity?

Mr. Ousainou Darboe, I must reflect and  salute you for your relentless effort
in making The Gambia a better place for us all.  Though I did not endorse your
candidacy, I am of the belief that I transgressed.  I hope you understand that
my choice for president was the most inconsistent decision that I ever made in
my political engagement.  It has been a learning experience for me.  But I
came to the wisdom that I could no long be associated with a person who played
an integral role in legislating the Media Bill.  When the rights of those in
the media are infringed upon, my right to free speech is evenly endangered.
Will you come when we call for absolute and unconditional untity?

Mr. Hassan Musa Camara, I was in total shock of reading your resignation.
While you have a right to join or form your own political party, I am just in
shock that you would counter your basic principles.  Remember what you said of
SM.  Please do not let me shed any more tears.  You are the foundation of
inspiration.  Will you come or listen to our plea of total and uncondtional
unity?

Mr. O. Jallow (aka OJ), you are I go a long way.  Please stay the course,
despite continuous betrayals.  You and others had paved the way for
leadership.  I hope my comrades will come to the understanding that your back
is against the wall.  In effect, we must negate cheap talk and lead for
unconditional and total unity.  Will you come when we call you?

With numerous issues at stake, The Gambia has further sunk into economic ruin.
Contrary to some assertions of the dalasi holding steady, the truth of the
matter is that the opposite  is the case.  Some have decided to play fiddle
while the dalasi continues to have a spiral effect.

The dalasi will continue to fall as long as Jammeh continues to rule.  His
premature and inconsitent economic policies will continue to devastate both
our fiscal and social parameters.

Talk is cheap, but words assumed must independently be identifiable.  An
independent assertion of the culprit of economic decay, further instructed
with ineffective policies will in effect instigate economic hardships.

Jammeh can promise heaven for the farmers.  Jammeh can print the dalasi
abundantly; thus further elevating inflationary measures.   this has been the
norm since the evil day of July 22, 1994.  Jammeh can individually promise to
pay the farmers, but in effect he will not be able to deliver.  It is
categorically familiar with his trademark of promising heaven when hell is the
moment of the day.  The reality is, when will these dreams
be realizable and recognizable?

The fact of the matter is that we in the opposition, especially those outside
The Gambia must stop cheap talk and collectively sermon the
entire opposition leadership for engagement in a neutral ground.  Our
responsibilities may provide reasonable assurance of enbling the opposition to
unite.  This is our responsibility.  This is our ideal situation.  We cannot
wait to eventually destroy the very house we are trying to restore.

It is entertaining that some continue to sing Jammeh's praise because they
have no choice but kiss for their ultimate survival.  They must
understand that things are not falling in equilibium, but in totality,
economic hardships are felt throughout The Gambia.

Jammeh exists a position for one, and opens it for another.  Those desperate
for power and prestige are using tactics to gain power.  The internal control
structures of inherent and control risks are so evident that detection risk
measurement is not justifiable under the APRC leadership. An external auditing
evaluation should neither be set above, nor below the maximum for Jammeh's
goverment.

Since the APRC lacks integrity, the external auditor neither should disclaim,
nor render an adverse opinion on Jammeh, but withdraw from the engagement.  It
is further apparent that there is no justification for doing substantive
tests.  In summation, the opposition has seen Jammeh's failures.  Why then are
we still unable to come together?

Despite the fact that we may disagree, we must be willing to working together
for the common good of The Gambia. We must continue to fight for the ultimate
truth.  We can laugh together, pray together, but we must praise integrity and
question self-serving individual whenever they surface.

 Naphiyo,
 Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh