GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:51:47 GMT
L. Camara & Ousman,

It's great that the president is talking about this corruption issue now.
But I don't get it. The AG's report is specific. At every govt dept, the
buck stops somewhere. It's all a matter of culpability. What would the
parliamentary committee unearth that the AG hasn't already done? Like Ousman
alluded to, it sounds awfully like Jawara's "... anyone found guilty will
dance to the music" and the subsequent 360 degree turn-around. There is no
secret regarding the Id of the people responsible for the missing funds.
Yaya can either go after them, or for political expediency, pretend he
doesn't know the culprits. He's not fooling anyone.

Saul.