GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malafy Jarju <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:52:49 -0800
I have to thank Dr. Adboulie Saine for his hospitality, impartiality, and candor.  Sir Dawda held his first meeting at the campus of the University of Miami (Ohio).  As Mr. Bajo intimated earlier, Sir Dawda was very alert, and full of energy.  After the opening introduction and comments by Dr. Abdoulie Saine, I was given the opportunity to ask the first question.  My question to Sir Dawda was whether he still wants his old job back and to tell us what his government has done for the Gambia for the past thirty years.  His answer to the first part of my quetion was to the affirmative.  He made it clear that he still has some unfinished business to do in The Gambia and that he needs to rescue the Gambian.  On the issue of what his government did for Gambia for thirty years, he took credit for building and subsidizing all the High Schools including Nusrat, St. Augustines, and Muslim High Schools and the construction of the Banjul Serrekunda Highway.

Folks, Sir Dawda was very accurate in measuring his government's achievements over thirty years: a couple of High Schools and a few miles of paved Highway.  You be the judge.

I have to agree with Dr. Abdoulie Saine that we need to move on.  If all the Gambian scientists, engineers, and professors, combine our resourses, we can certainly contribute more toward the Gambia.

Happy holidays to all of you.

                                 Malafy "Mafy" Jarju
                                 Software Engineer
                                 Delta Air Lines