GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:05:09 EDT
Members,
PLEASE,Let's demonstrate to the whole world that we are matured people and
are united in the sense that all of us here do not want the current
electrifying bully and violence in the country.
Many believed that through this G-L,Gambians especially abroad will be
united contribute fruitfully to the current political situation.
We have to bear one thing in our minds that who ever is a member of this
list can read and write therefore,can use any abusive language on any body
if s/he wishes but that is not the reason why we came together.
I am not saying this because i want every one to support UDP,No.No body can
force a person to support any party that s/he does not like.As the saying
goes, you can force a cow to go up to the river but you cannot force it to
drink.
If we want any body to respect our course,we have to respect the leaders of
these three opposition parties that is UDP,PDOIS and NRP.We have to call for
unity among these three parties.We can engage on a fruitful debate without
disrespecting each other.
In fact, all what politicians can do is to present their programmes to the
electorates and that's it then it is left to the people to accept them or
reject them.
Particularly the argument between Saul and Ebou,i appeal to both of you to
rest this case and maintain respect between the two of you.
If i hurt anybody,am sorry.
The struggle continues.
Saihou