GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:22:41 -0400
Folks,

I cannot believe what Waa Juwara is telling Gambians. Chei!! According to
Today's Point's front page story, Waa told a Point reporter, whom he
granted an interview, that he would not, for now, comment on Darboe's
unaccountability regarding party funds as that would be coming in another
publication. Shedding some light as why they boycotted the past National
Assembly elections, this is what he had to say:

"I want to correct my friend, OJ, in a statement he made in the news and
Report Magazine, that it was myself and Kemeseng who were the architects of
the boycott. It is an error, because he is an outsider. Despite being a
coalition partner, he belongs to a different party. The fact of the matter
is that the party has no money to contest the National Assembly and Local
Government ellections. It is Kemeseng and myself who wanted to safe the
party leader from his embarrassment. We were never correctly informed about
the state of affairs of the party's financial situation".

Folks, call me stupid or whatever you want but can anyone honestly tell me
that he/she is not getting more and more confused about this rancour within
the UDP? If my memory serves me right, the UDP made a lot of allegations
about irregularities in the register and conduct of the Presidential
elections, all of which were refuted by the IEC who accused the party of
not being sincere. From then on, people from all walks of life within and
outside the country has been trying to make head or tail of the party's
action without success. I can vividly remember Yankuba Touray telling us
that the UDP was broke, having spent all their resources during the
presidential elections and that was why they were boycotting. Please folks
tell me, who are we to believe? Waa Juwara and Yankuba Touray or the
collective leadership of the UDP which includes him? I am sure you will
read the full interview later today.

Have a good day, Gassa.

Any typos and errors are regretted. I just cannot wait to post this!!

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)