GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emmanuel N'Dow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 13:27:52 PST
sidi sanneh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Daddy Sang,
No, it does not mean that Gambian children are being
used as guinea pigs to test the effectiveness of the
new vaccine. What is means is that recent pioneering
research in this dreadful disease has been conducted
in The Gambia. We should all hope that the new vaccine
is proven effective so that millions of lives around
the developing world, including hundreds of thousands
of lives of children in The Gambia,could be saved. The
selection of The Gambia for the trials should be
welcomed by all.
sidi sanneh

Sidi, don't get me wrong I welcome any help Gambian children get in combating
malaria; Its just that with the west's reputation for using developing
nations, one often wonders about there motives. Let me echo your sentiments
again; I hope the vaccines not only benefit Gambian children, but the entire
developing community.
Thanks

Daddy Sang