GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 16:04:03 EDT
In a message dated 04/10/2001 03:16:34 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> He is a James Carville wannabe but he could learn a lot from carville if he
> listens for a change. Afterall, Carville has Mary Matalin for bearing.

Haruna,

And apparently i have you, His Egregious Highness, Haruna Darbo, Sons of
Afrikka for bearing. I find your line very amusing ... a James
Carville-wannabe??!! Geez, where did you get that from? You got all wrong my
brother. That is a very cheap and entertaining shot, and nice try but it
doesn't work. On my relationship with the Alliance, you commented:

"I wish UDP/ppp will set the record straight and tell folk is Hamza speaks on
their behalf or is he their self-appointed Mullah. He is doing himself and
the silent alliance a disservice and alienating otherwise sympathisers of the
alliance. He is a major pain in the posterior and very naughty indeed."

Is this the way you endear yourself to your juniors? Haruna, i expected
better tenor from you. As per my relationship with the Alliance, i've always
said that it is informal and loose; without any direct connection whatsoever.
I have never said that i speak and or act on their behalf here or anywhere
else. There is, therefore, no need for any member of the Alliance to set the
record straigth on anything. Finally, you wrote:

"Therefore, he uses apostrophated half truths in unintelligible sentences
structures with the hope that while he entertains and impresses his target
audience with this garbaldigook, he will succeed in stealing their loyalty."

And how intelligible is this sentence of yours? What does "garbaldigook"
mean? How many readers understand this sentence of yours? Talk about the pot
calling the kettle black. I might write unintelligible sentences, but i
certainly know how to spell.

All the best,

Hamjatta Kanteh