GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pakaramo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:19:39 -0700
Ever since Yahya Jammeh, UU (Untrained & Unqualified) took over the mantle
of the Gambia government in July of 1994 by default; our dear motherland has
undergone serious setbacks in every facet politico-socio-economic
development.  We have seen a Gambia, that once topped international charts
on human rights and the respect for the rule of law to a Gambia whose inept
leader transgress every law of the land and decency as manifested in his
recent speech.  A Gambia where all people coexisted peacefully irrespective
of tribe or political affiliation is now transformed into a nation of
discord and hatred.  A nation known all over the world as the smiling coast
of Africa to a society where kidnapping, torture, violence and executions
have become the order of the day.

Yahya Jammeh, UU, and his team of dis-advisors have embarked on a mission—to
beget hardship and suffering on the Gambian people.   In his six years in
office, Jammeh hired and fired more civil servants than the accumulated sum
of the 30-year rule of Sir Dawda Jawara.  Permanent Secretaries, Secretaries
of State, Ambassadors/High Commissioners and other civil servants are
replaced more often by the moron as if they are his personal servants.  Our
Public Service Commission, once the model in the sub region, is reduced to a
Temp Agency if not worst.  Similarly, the National Assembly which is
mandated by the populace to act on their behaves is nothing more than a
“Rubber Stamp” legislature as eloquently stated by one contributor.  There
are a number of National Assembly Members (NAMs) who are living up to the
expectation of the governed. To these NAMs, I say congratulations!   And to
those NAMs and civil servants who allowed themselves to be “prostituted” by
the VIAGARA dependent, corrupt, translucent and despotic leader, the eyes of
the world are on you.

Gambians and the International community have underestimated what the
ethnocentric schizophrenic is capable of doing.  His plans include but not
limited to rigging the forth-coming presidential elections with the help of
the unconstitutionally appointed assistant commissioners and seyfolu, and
the gang of terrorist.  However, if he fails to win the elections, ladies
and gentlemen, the maniac WILL NOT vacillate joining forces with the MFDC
rebels to wage a war on the Gambia.  We must rise up and contain Yahya
Jammeh, if I may use KB’s line, BY ALL MEANS NECESSARY to avoid tribal
atrocities.

“Injustice Anywhere is a Threat to Justice Everywhere”--MLK

Adios
Pakaramo