GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:17:05 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/03 7:47:11 AM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Poor Ebou, stop being a cry baby. I can't understand why, My well-meant
> sister is trying to come to your aid, pertaining to your challenge on
> Halifa's
> position and credibility.

Careful, brother mine!.
For the record, my appeal has absolutely nothing to do with "coming to Ebou's
aid pertaining to his challenge on Halifa's position and credibility."
Infact I have not seen any writings from Halifa taunting Ebou about his
inability to visit his mother's grave, so I am not sure why Ebou even chose Halifa
to attack in response to my appeal.
Please read my original post again and read my response to Ebou when he used
the occasion of my appeal to say something about Halifa. My appeal was to
those who have used Ebou's mom's death and his inability to visit her grave as
weapons against him. Simple human deceny dictates that we cease and desist from
all mention of his late mom's death and her grave etc.and his inability to
visit her grave.

The second point I am trying to make is that while engaged in the effort to
have a government that respects and abides by the rule of law, and to safe
guard human rights and democracy in our country, some of us seem not to understand
that those rights cannot be applied selectively simply because that would
undermine the very principle we say we are fighting to protect.
We must realize that everything has to be done under the rule of law, even
the punishment of those who have committed crimes against us, or we risk being
guilty of the same things we accuse the criminals of. We cannot advocate
illegal ways to deal with those accused of crimes against us, ansd still be able to
take a seat in the World community and expect to be viewed differently from
the criminals. We cannot have it both ways.
Those are the two main points I ma trying to convey.
Jabou Joh