GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
abdou toure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:02:45 +0000
Mose,

I agree fully. In fact I would say that Dampha has been one of the
most consistent and valuable contributors to this forum. He has made
his agenda clear for those who care to understand it. I think he made
it clear that he would support any genuine effort to unseat the
dictator and that "this is war".  In a war against "evil"  the
question of  "distasteful" language does not arise. The second aspect
of his agenda is to vehemently challenge any ill-informed attempt
to pervert Gambian history by the sweeping condemnation of PPP and
echoes of aprc propaganda that the jawara era brought naught to
Gambia. That is not intellectual exchange. That is simply an
irresponsible display of contempt and bias.

You are right that no single individual,including Dampha,can silence any
member here. Anyway, anybody who has something meaningful to contribute
should not worry about being silenced.

It is good that Dampha is able to gather the patience to ignore nonenties
that have lack  a critical and unbiased understanding of the Gambia of
yesteryears and today. But I hope that does not mean that he would relent in
debunking lies and aprc-type propaganda against gambian history.

AT