GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Malanding Jaiteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 12:04:59 -0400
Joe,
The truth is that Mr Mbeki's unimpressive leadership in Southern Africa
has much to be blamed for the situation in South Africa. The so-called
constructive engagement with Mugabe is partly to be blamed for close t 4
million displaced Zimbabweans who have nowhere to head but the streets
of South Africa. His administration should have seen Mugabe's extended
stay as a threat to the region's own stability.  Mandinkolou  say: "Fara
ning jamba katang,.... " its hard to escape your neighbor problem.
I sincerely hope he comes to understand that.

Malanding

Joe Sambou wrote:
> All, yet another reminder of what can happen in many a South Africa's, in Africa.  Remember TRC?  This is what it results to, the very reason why more than fifty years later the West is still hunting down Nazis, so they will never do it again.  Then why would Africans fall for TRC?  South Africa is a powder keg waiting to expolde.  The victims of Apatheid with severe poverty and lots and lots of anger they have been sitting on are now transitioning from killing each other to the next weakest link in their society - the Migrants.  They could not get close to the folks that murdered hunderds and caged them for the West strong armed the government to accept that pioson called TRC to protect the butchers.  Now they are all armed and barracaded themselves with a right to shoot any intruder.  This is really tragic and a reminder that a wrong that is not made right would continue to be wrong and grew into a bigger wrong.  These Migrants can't win from what they flew from and they can't win in South Africa either.  It may be ok for us to entertain the madness of Yaya, but pay close attention to how an anti foreigner rhethoric can easily fan the flames of beastiality.  These pictures can happen any where in Africa.  We cannot afford to be silent in the face of injustice any where.
>
> Chi Jaama
>
> Joe
>

> いいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい