GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Cisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:31:39 +0000
Jaajef wa G-L

For Those Interested.....

Yeenduleen ak jaama

Tony

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Our organisation, AMSCO, is part of the UNITED NATIONS
and we provide
management, training and co-financement assistance to
companies in Africa.
We recruit and employ experienced expatriate managers
for periods of 2-3
years. All our managers are offered a full expatriate
package: furnished
housing, car, security, United Nations status.
exemption from work and living
permits, an attractive tax free salary, tickets,
insurance , transportation
allowance.

At the moment we are looking for a Marketing Director
and a General
Manager/Chief Operating Officer for Degue Broadcasting
Network Limited
(DBN), a private television station and one of the
biggest broadcasting
channels in Lagos, Nigeria

The role of the Marketing manager will be (1) to
attract and retain profitable
customers and engender loyalty among subscribers, (2)
assist in the creation
of the marketing strategy aimed at developing audience
awareness, and
provide strong leadership to ensure effective
implementation, (3) to generate
and develop excellent corporate relationships, attract
corporate sponsors and
lead negotiations of major sponsorship contracts.

required qualifications: a degree in Business
Administration, Economics or
Marketing, experience in a customer focused
organisation and preferable
experience with a service provider, which could be in
retail, financial services,
leisure, communications, advertising or consultancies.
High quality of
communication skills.

The role of the Vice President/General manager/Chief
operating Officer will be
(1) to assume full responsibility for the strategic
direction and the operational
performance of the channel. The person will develop
and communicate a
clear strategy to all staff, incorporating target
audience, operational and
marketing issues. (2) Develop and introduce effective
systems and
communication and develop programmes, keeping the
channel ahead of its
competitors. The General Manager will also be fully
responsible commercially
end financially. (3) Build a culture which encourages
and support strong
personal development at all levels and address
succession planning issues.
Engage staff actively in the delivery of objectives
and ensure clarity and focus
at a time of enormous changes in the industry.

Required qualifications: solid experience in media or
communication industry;
be able to quickly understand and pragmatically
resolve a variety of business
issues; business developer, creative and
entrepreneurial in pursuing new
opportunities; leader skills; attracted to a dynamic,
fast growing, performance
driven environment.

The contract would be for 3 years or longer.

If you are interested in this vacancy please send me
the following information
to apply:

1. An up to date curriculum vitae attached to the
e-mail message in Word or
RTF or WP format (including date of birth and family
status -married, children,
age children etc)

2. Indication of your availability or notice period

3. Indication of your present salary.

Your candidature shall then be proposed to the board
of DBN , if you are shortlisted an interview with
AMSCO and DBM shall be arranged.

Please e-mail your information to: [log in to unmask]
If you do not have
e-mail, you can also fax : +31-20-6642959.