GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:22:47 -0800
Mr. Jallow:

Your piece indeed explained the Army's and  Jammeh's desire of protecting
their absolute powers.  It is true that the Army will do everything possible
in protecting its power.  Jammeh will also do likewise for the Army in keeping
tradition with his dictatorial powers.

My question is, after our careful analyses, what can we do as Gambians in
getting the opposition together.  We can talk all the talk, and write all
those intellectual pieces, but at the end of the day, what can we do in our
powers in seeking  total and unconditional unity?

We must be willing to use our valuable resources in formulating strategies.
Our pursuit for democracy in The Gambia should be goal-oriented.  I think it
is about time we stop the talk and do the walk.

I again thank you for your wonderful piece.  May Allah free us from the hands
of Jammeh.

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh