GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:16:28 -0000
EBOU COLLY:

WOW! Great job once again. Like Hamjatta and KB, you have silenced your
critics, and more importantly, you have shattered their strategy into bits,
and even forced them to retreat. This is what TRUTH-TELLING, HONESTY,
INTEGRITY and INTELLECTUAL contribution is all about: Fetching brilliant
ideas and piecing them together, rather than playing a cowardly game of hide
and seek, distorting the truth, creating havoc, deception, division and
manipulation; or sometimes, even insulting people who are dead serious and
devoted to the restoration of democracy back home. As you have already
mentioned, APRIL in The Gambia and in every part of the World used to be a
month for EASTER celebration when every Christian faith, and even some
Muslims remember EASTER SUNDAY and MONDAY as days for repentance; but Last
and This Year, respectively, have been difficult times for every Gambian at
home and abroad. For APRIL celebration in The Gambia is now over shadowed by
remembering the brutal massacre of our beloved children in cold blood by our
own Government: An African Government murdering its own children, as if we
are in Apartheid South African where Blacks were slaughtered by Whites on a
daily basis. In Apartheid South African then, one could understand that
hatred was from the other Race: White South Africans, a common enemy Black
South Africans were fighting against. But in our own case, the ENEMY in
within, and from us. It is our own Black Leaders who become their own race's
bitter enemy, and careless about protecting the lives and property of their
own people. Instead, they become so vicious, despotic, wicked and out to
kill just to maintain their power base, period. In the 21st Century, when we
want African Teachers to teach us, when we want African Leaders to lead, our
dreams are always shattered and our hopes dazed from suck and disappointment
by our own  leaders. When shall the African become free from oppression,
intimidation, killings and brutal torture. This is what is currently
prevailing in the Gambia. Our beloved children were murdered whiles
expressing their God given Rights: FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. And yet, justice
has not prevailed. It makes one to wonder whether we were better under
Colonial Rule than now; it is hard to swallow, but that is the truth.

It is even more insulting and heartbreaking to see the MORON'S portray in
which he is seen holding a child with an AK47 RIFLE hanging around his
shoulder visibly displayed on ARCH 22 on the Serekunda-Banjul High Way. This
ARCH is visible when coming from Serekunda to Banjul. This is the very man
who has been seen rescuing a child with AK47, who had given CLEAR and
CONCISE ORDERS to shoot and kill, with the vivid intention of filling the
MORTUARY with corpses of innocent children who were just exercising their
God given Right. How could somebody who gave clear and concise orders to
shoot and kill innocent school children be seen in a portray holding a child
as his symbol of rescuing children? What that very portray of the MORON
clearly illustrates is the DARK SIDE of him, which we now know: A child
killer. The ARCH, instead, should be turned into a NATIONAL MONUMENT, which
portrays the images of ALL those children who have died in the massacre; and
ALL their names should be listed on the monument as our fallen Heroes, just
like the Washington Monument, which shows a complete list of all those
Vietnam Veterans.

Pertaining to your summation of the Farafenni episode, the PAUL GOMEZES of
this World have been trying tirelessly to silence you, for they are very
well aware of the DAMAGE your piece by piece presentation is causing them.
Paul neither denied the truthfulness of your episodes nor did he try to
prove you wrong. He was just acting as an impediment to your vivid and
truthful presentation in order to minimize the damage you are causing them.
We are NOT living in a World of Fantasy here, rather, we are living in a
REAL World in which you are doing a tremendous favor for US in exposing the
VERMIN and his cohorts. The content of your episodes are absolutely
frightening and inexcusable. Since you have first hand knowledge of what had
occurred during your tenure, history would not treat you well if you did not
educate the general public as to what had happened. But in the interest of
FAIRNESS, HONESTY, INTEGRITY and RESPONSIBILITY, despite mammoth task and
other pressing work at hand, your have volunteered to painstakingly take
time to piece it together for us. You should be commended for such a brave
act: Truth-Telling. This is the fundamental distinction between you and your
nemesis, Paul Gomez, who instead of lamenting on facts, and facts only, he
spills unfounded stories upon unfounded stories just to silence you; he has
failed miserably, and will continue to fail in his blatant attempt to derail
truth-telling.

In conclusion, another disturbing scenario in your episode is the
TRI-ANGULATIONS DIPLOMACY played by KUKOI. He was tri-angulating between the
REBELS and GENERAL WANE. One should wonder what was really being discussed
between the two interesting characters. On one hand we have one of Africa's
notorious and worst killers, Kukoi, and on the other hand, we have seen a
well schooled, disciplined, experienced and man of integrity, General Wane
of Senegal. The stunning question is, why did Senegal opened hers arms to
welcome their principal nemesis during the 1981 coup; a man who had killed
about 500 Senegalese troops or more.  Someone whose hands had been stained
with blood, and who had been on Wanted List in Senegal for almost 20 years.
In the post Jawara days, the man whose hands had been stained with human
blood, has NOW got clean hands to sit and eat with Senegalese authorities
from the same basin; this was pathetic and ridiculous, a worst mistake on
Senegal's part. As I have already mentioned in some of my pieces, Senegal
after the break-up of the Confederation, they had developed so much hatred
for Jawara that they became blind-sighted in welcoming and opening arms to
Rebel diplomats. That was a tremendous blow to Senegal's Foreign Policy:
CUDDLING REBEL DIPLOMATS, for the sheer sake of settling scores. That kind
of cowardly act further plunges our Sub-region into REGIONAL CONFLICT and
unnecessary ARMS RACE, which has an enormous consequence of dwindling
economic investment. On that note, Mr. Colly, you have done a superb job.

Ansumana.