GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:09:56 -0500
To confess, I was one of the most skeptical of the then AFPRC cum APRC
pronouncements of developing the country; but that was a long time ago.

If you would recall folks, I once announced on the L that the government
was to re-construct the Latri-Kunda German to Manjai road and that it was
to be done within six months. At the time, there was some activity in the
area and everything was just dropped. I wondered then what could have been
the problem but did not find out what.

Well, the project has resumed and the bulldozers are at it clearing the
right off way. I understand that the reason for its suspension was to allow
farmers acces to their fields so as not to disrupt farming activity in the
area. This D3 million project is expected to be completed within six
months, providing another alternative route to Manjai, Kotu and Kololi from
Kanifing, Dippa Kunda and Latri kunda German.

In another development, government yesterday signed a contract to tackle
our coastal erosion nightmare. The contractor has been told in no uncertain
terms that this project must be implemented as a matter of urgency. The
contractor is expected to mobilise from now against January and to start
the 18-month project by the end of January at the latest.

Have a good day, Gassa.

--
There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve (Mike Leavitt)