GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 22:29:43 +0200
Jabou,

I guess the only ones they fooled with their stated objectives of invading
Iraq are the extremely gullible. They may have fooled even themselves by
eventually believing in the repeated lies that they told themselves and the
world over and over again. Now the reality seems to be dawning on them that
they have bitten more than they can chew... Uncle hyena is now offering to
share the 'kill' that refuses to die. History, it seems, is repeating itself
because imperialism refuses learn its lessons.

Regards,

Kabir.

"Jabou Joh" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

In a message dated 8/27/03 8:16:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> Behind the implacable drive to war on Iraq, lay the determination of a
> section of the American ruling elite to utilize American military might to
> overcome a precipitous economic decline. Envisioned by these layers was
> the looting of Iraq’s wealth, the expropriation of its vast oil fields and
> the securing of lucrative contracts for politically connected corporations
> for reconstruction.
>
> While this criminal scheme was intended to enrich a thin layer at the top,
> it is American working people who are being forced to pay the price, both
> in terms of the steady stream of young American soldiers losing their
> lives in Iraq and in the growing deficits and economic dislocation at
> home. The demands now being made for a massive buildup of military forces
> and increased economic expenditures to rescue the US neo-colonial projects
> in both Iraq and Afghanistan can only be realized through a drastic
> intensification of the attacks on social conditions in the US itself.
>
> The claim that such buildups would aid the people of these countries is a
> lie. Their purpose would be solely to suppress the legitimate resistance
> of both Iraqis and Afghans to foreign occupation and to secure the profit
> interests of the US-based corporations.

Amadou Kabir Njie,

The above is precisely the reason for the occupation of Iraq and the
labelling of Iran as an axis of evil. If this one went well, they would be
next and
they have lots of oil.
Things are really falling apart because now military families are protesting
and demanding to know when their loved ones will be home.
We live just a stone's throw from one of the biggest millitary bases, Fort
Campbell in Kentucky, and these protests are by families who would normally
be
out canvassing for support for the troops.

Jabou Joh

Web interface