GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Njai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 01:23:25 EDT
continuing from my last posting on 4/21/00, as we marched into a new century,
Gambian's, especially those residing abroad, should start forging a
collective union, whose aims are to change the nihilistic and dogmatic nature
of fairy-tale lifestyles, some of us are pursuing, whereby, doctors [such as
Yahya Jammeh] cannot treat/teach the patient/student vis a vis; leaders
cannot lead the masses; and adults/elders are failing the youth. Therefore, a
REVELATION NOT REVOLUTION sets in, whereby patients starts guiding doctors;
masses start leading [leaders have no choice but to follow]; and youths, not
rhethorical/phony like Yahya Jammeh [as reiterated by 'NYAKA CHAHAN' Pa
Dacosta] should start leading, this, in the presence of abandonment and utter
silence of student's outcry and protest rape and torture-death of their
comrades.
Just like in the 16th & 17th Century England, the masses were forced by the
noble and the system to go somewhere else, somewhere else was America,
Australia and New Zealand. After a while, the masses couldn't take it any
longer and hence made it loud and clear to the nobles that: IF THEY, THE
MASSES COULDN'T LIVE, THEN NOBLES COULDN'T RULE. The same principles should
apply to Yahya Jammeh's despotic rule and to all African leaders henceforth.
"We are sick and tired of being sick and tired and will not, now or in the
future take this crap anymore"
Gambians suffers from the "WANNABE-LEADER SYNDROME' whereby, all of us wants
to be leaders resulting in no followers, hence the quagmire and rudderless
society we are in. as the late great African thinker John Henrick Clarke puts
it, Malcolm X never attended a university and had no Dr. initial in his name,
but doctors, presidents, beggar-man and thief could get a Ph.D. from his
analytical thought because of his sincerity, dedication and humbleness toward
the plight of Africans and oppressed people all over.
The April 10 & 11 massacre by the DEVIL IN 'KHAFTAN' WITH TWO 'KURUS' AND
SWORD, was a rude awakening for most of us gullible Gambians, forcing an
instant outcry of YAHYA MUST GO BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, thanks to the
Gambia-L, Foroyaa, Point, FM 1 Radio, Pa Dacosta, Independent and also, the
front-line organizers and demonstrators, all over the world.
As for me, this is the beginning of the end to tyranny and despots in the
Gambia and Africa, hence this ALD, if organizers are genuine, dedicated and
sincere, will change the equation and ballgame for the next GENUINE 2ND
REPUBLIC. We have to keep the momentum going on, with demonstrations,
debates, pettitons/pressure-groups etc. This works, just ask Yahya Jammeh, if
the Internet, Point, FM 1 and Independent are not his worst nightmares, as
compared to his army boys [ANOTHER COUP D' ETAT]? HELL NO.
As sister Ndey Jobarteh and Ebou Colley warns us, if the current trend
continues in the Gambia, "HIFF, CHONNOH AK TORROH" will be creeping and
knocking on our families doorsteps soon, unless we get our acts together, at
home and abroad.
 YA SULAYMAN BUN DAWDA