GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:08:16 +0100
                                  PANORAMA with 'Bulfaaleh' Will Jammeh arrest Cherno Boggal? Or is it Just hearsay talk?
  What the streets,booths and families in The greater Banjul area are whispering about Cherno Boggal and President Jammeh...

  Is it true or not true? Are these two old friends fighting one another now? It is an open secret for every Gambian that Cherno Boggal has been pronounced as president Jammeh's closest spiritual guide.Today I was amazed and then confused when I met Sulei on the ferry.Sulei said I can mention his name because he cares less. Sulei is a devout talibe of Boggal.He loves the man more than Boggal loves himself.Sulei said..."Okay we have heard a lot about what these soidiers said on the television...

  We have even been told that the state house threatens to handle Cherno Boggal when he dares come to Serekunda...if this is true then we will not even talk we will just wait and see." According to Sulei even if President Jammeh is so angry with Cherno about what these soldiers said he Jammeh should think twice.He has to be very careful here according to Sulei. Sulei recalled when him and his friend Njie used to ply the Boggal-Kanilai and then Banjul route running endless errands for Jammeh(most of the errands were spiritually related).

  He remembered how they used to eat meat with Jammeh at night,He was really mad but he is still exercising patience and see if Jammeh is the one threatening to deal with Cherno or if Cherno is the one who will deal with Jammeh? Sulei was fuming.He also said he was told that President Jammeh took back the Pajero car he gave to Cherno some time ago.What people find  hard to understand is why would Jammeh feel unhappy against Cherno Boggal in the first place? If it is about what those confessing on tv said against Cherno then Jammeh is so paranoid.

  President Jammeh should also know that spiritual leaders or marabouts in our region are either loyal to a cause or loyal to making more talibes.That means getting more from anyone who comes to ask for their spiritual intervention.President Jammeh has forgotten one thing...those who established the links that exist between him and Boggal were there during President Jawara's time.They the same people were helping pray for Jawara to come back during the early days of the coup.

  One thing Sulei said ie Jammeh has to be very very careful of is that,Boggal also knows a lot of secrets about Jammeh,as they say in Gambia and Senegal ie both in the 'saahir' and 'baatin'.President Jammeh has to know that when  a leader starts  fighting one's wife,kids,special guards,doctors and spiritual leader or leaders means that person is nearing the end.
  He should ask what happened to Mobutu and Taylor before they were finally sent running away like monkeys.

  Cherno Boggal or any other marabout should not be blamed for praying for both Jammeh and the Coupists.

  Cherno Boggal or any other spiritual leader should not be blamed for praying for the guys who confessed on GRTS.He should not be blamed! Cherno has done his duty.The other marabouts also did their duty.Infact President Jammeh should not have allowed these confessions on the TV in the first place.This means and confirms bad things for him.This confirms that he is superstitious and paranoid.

  This exposes a high level of ungratefulness around Jammeh once again.Him Jammeh has been around Boggal's pool of talismans for so long.This same marabout gave him charms and many other things to use before.Has he forgotten that marabouts are like doctors.Every patient has the full and natural right to meet them.They have the right to seek for their special prayers at anytime they want to do so.Boggal cannot and should not refuse any other talibe his prayers.Boggal prays and it God who either honours or rejects these prayers.

  Infact did these coupists tell Boggal and the marabouts they met what they exactly wanted to do? Infact is it even true that they met these marabouts in the first place? President Jammeh is a person who believes in these hidden forces so how can he discredit them before our eyes? He cannot do that after using the same trend and then sending his state guard to meet these marabouts every where in the world on his behalf.
  No spiritual leader or marabout should feel ashame of praying for anyone because praying means asking for God's guidance period!

  If Jammeh was not taken out does not mean anyone who prayed against his reign is not a good marabout.If he stays on does not mean he is better than those who were captured. God's judgment may come later.These people have been wronged,disgraced and framed.There was no coup please.There was no coup.President Jammeh is dreaming of the past internal cleevages he had with people so close to him so he becomes more and more insecure every day.No one is working on a coup here.

  Jammeh knows he himself has created enough grounds to justify a coup against his regime.He remembers what he used as an excuse to remove former president Jawara from power.This is what is haunting Jammeh not the marabout syndrome at all.

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 (Archive on Monday, April 24, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:  5.00                        Rating:   5                Rating:   5

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]