GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:31:08 EDT
Baba and Bambalaye thank you.

     I have deliberately opted not to give my  poems a title, so that the
poems can have a broader appeal to the mind. Without  being derogatory, we can
alert our minds to the fact that we only have one life  to live, and therefore
must strive to live such a life to the best dictates of  our conscience. Our
conscience alerts us to what is right or wrong. Most often  some may have the
tendency to accept right or wrong as relative, but in the  philosophy of thought
as it relates to good and evil; virtue and vice there must  be a criterion of
truth as a universally accepted postulate. Hence we can  discern truth from
false; good from evil, and virtue from vice.

       Knowledge has an objective basis: to  utilize all the principles and
laws that govern knowledge to arrive at an  objective conclusion. The
subjective basis of knowledge, is to utilize the laws  and principles that govern
knowledge to arrive at subjective conclusions. This  is why a person can look at
the sun and argue profusely that it is the moon.  This is also were our opinions
differ; where we argue and refute each other.

        Let us raise our voices, and in  our own different ways, bring out
the best that is in people; abhor the evil  that bedevils the mind, and inspire
a mighty people to rise up and cast away  their yoke of hopelessness, misery
and poverty. Regards.

          Rene

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい