GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:18:29 +0200
Hi Suntou!
I remember you praising Halifa for "standing up to the bully" after
concurring with Modou Mboge in an earlier post that "the community
leaders, the women leaders, political leaders etc are all mute but a
few. The silence is killing." You even went further stating: "Modou,
you asked a legitimate question, but what about the hundreds of
Gambians reading you here in the Gambia L forum? If the elders back
home are mute, one can argue that, may be they are afraid to offend the
system IE Yahya. But what about the capable brothers and sisters in the
G-L and G-Post? If they can be quiet in matters likes this, what do you
think will happen when they go to the Gambia?" That is why I have
trouble reconciling those positions with your latest position on
Halifa's stance insinuating that he had ulterior motives in "standing
up to the bully" after all but a few of the leaders and Diasporans kept
quiet. Do you see the contradictions? First, all but few of the leaders
and others who should speak out against what was going on kept quiet
and thus failed in their responsibilities. Then Halifa spoke and took a
move that landed him at Mile Two and you praised him for "standing up
to the bully". Now you claim that he had ulterior motives for "standing
up to the bully". Can you please help me understand how you came to
your conclusion? What do you base your insinuations on? I want to keep
an open mind and maybe even re-evaluate my position on Halifa should
you be able to throw some light on your claim that he had ulterior
motives for doing what he did. Thanks.
Buharry.
P.S.
Please find the posts I quoted from below.
D.S.